Friday, August 18, 2006

Armani and Jazz - a new match?

- So, what does a Russian person like about America?
(instead of saying "nothing" which is closer to the truth I say):
- I sincerely enjoy having an Armani store right next to my house, free jazz concerts and Colombian men working at Armani. I also enjoy long strolls along the Potomac river with strangers who dont seem to be strangers at all, trips to New York and to the beach, as I never saw the ocean ever before. I love gay pubs and crowded night clubs, long hours spent in art galleries exhibiting Monet and Renoir, to my surprise, moments when I can stare at the night sky, for its the only time of the day when I can stare at the sky. I like working with Ethiopian and Polish people, eating Haagen-Dazs, because it reminds me of Germany and my German friends.
But most of all I enjoy myself - free and independent, lovable and loving, smiling and happy, crazy and serious, able to do whatever I want and not being judged or punished for that. Isn't it inspiring?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thing in America are good, and many are bad. This is not a perfect country by any stretch of the imagination. We do some things really well, and do others very poorly. As a society we are still growing.

It sounds like you have found some of the more fun parts of our culture. The best Monet are in France however, going to Giverny is possibly one of the most magical experiences that I have ever had. Definitely the best part of going to France for me. Each time I go for work now, I make sure that I make it out there.

Ice cream kept me alive in my travels to Germany. Not that the food was bad, but when traveling, it is better to eat stuff you know will not get to you. At least that is my philosophy when traveling overseas. Many a Hard Rock Cafe have felt as if they were the greatest things ever in the middle of a long day.

The Hard Rock in Egypt as a definite highlight of that country after a very long day of travels.

Being free is a delicate balance to keep. Modern society tends to push people to be together and form families as it is the end all of someone's life. There are some points in my life that I have felt that I needed to be by myself to enjoy my life, and other times that I have been content with being around others, close and personal.

It is a personal decision that has to be made and lived with on a daily basis. Situations change, relationships come and go...

Looking forward to this week and your call....

Oks said...

DEAR, it's me again, i read about Renoir, my favourite, as u can remember, if u could be so kind to bring me a reproduction of his pictures called Umbrellas, i'd be ever so glad and grateful to u, if it's not a problem for u of course. P.S. do'nt misunderstand my kindness, it's sincere feeling to u, forgive me when i was wrong to u, i forgave u and our storms, u will understand it when u see me again, i changed a lot, i know so did u