Wednesday, February 13, 2008

meditation experience

Photobucket
The process of self-learning in yoga lies in the concept of meditation: absolute concentration on self. In the long process of self-observation you might find out some 
exciting things inside your soul. 
Few days ago, my self-learning deepened at the yoga class. That was the meditation on the candle, which was the first time for me to try this unusual way 
of meditation. The process was quite easy for me to follow. In front of a mirror was to be placed 
a lit candle, so that you can also see yourself in the mirror. There should not be any more light in the room. Now the task for me was to first observe the candle itself and concentrate on fire.
I was frightened: while I was watching the candle light, my head 
disappeared in the mirror. There was no head at all. Then I had a feeling of being a man.  As my teacher later explained me: disappearance of the head is a very good sign, which means I have cleaned my conscious. Being a man or feeling like a man could also be my second self, which is quite an interesting theory.
The second step in this meditation process was observing self as the reflection in the mirror. While looking into my eyes I again saw my head blurred and then disappearing 
altogether.  In the process I saw my face changing into a face of an older me in the age of 60-70.
I would only say, that meditation left me even more pensive on what is there inside my soul.
I came to a certain realization that there exist absolutely no boundaries in the human's mind. In the process of constant meditation and self-talk we become emotionally stronger. We can understand our meaning in life and our emotions on a deeper level.
In the chaotic wild run of life many of us sometimes forget to take time for talking with self, which as I have realised is vital.

No comments: