Friday, October 10, 2008

Imagine

While everyone keeps talking about the financial crisis over and over again I begin to think of other crisis in life. I remember the “Gone with the Wind” movie, where Scarlet said once: “I shall never starve again, never!” To me then she was an example of rare wisdom and a great heart. I knew I could be like her when it came to me to choose and decide not to starve.
Sometimes I wish money was nothing to all of us, that it didn’t exist at all. I wish we were all a little more free, a little more loving. It makes me think of the perfect life we all could have. It would be the life without money, electricity, gas, oil, wars, greenhouse effect and CO2 emissions, without religion problems and without boundaries, without any visas and without hate. That is probably the life that John Lennon always wanted and dreamt of. That is probably what Dalai Lama was trying to tell us in his lectures, that is what everyone of us wants but never says out loud for the fear of being stupid to others. But I do believe in living “happily ever after”. And while there is a hope, there is a life.

1 comment:

Beto said...

... well, I don't know about electricity, or internet for example, but I'm not so idealist (maybe unfortunately) I'd be good for me just without visas (even If only for Russia! :P)... a huge hug Anna :D