Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nothing to expect until you fall into it - that is the new definition of loving

Its inevitable that when you open your heart to someone, anything can come inside, even something that you would have never expect.
A couple of days ago my good friend was going to have the most "fabulous and amazing" wedding ever. Everything was planned and prepared for her to go down the aisle telling the "I do" promise. She seemed the happiest girl in the whole world. And that was until 3 days before the wedding she got a call from her fiancee telling that the wedding had to be cancelled. I would not share all the personal details and the details of the tragedy that happened that day, but I must say that the wedding was cancelled due to very important personal facts of the negative character. My friend was in utter shock, but supported her fiancee and the wedding is now postponed to be in December. But that support which she has given him that day was priceless, something she had to do for his sake, and that was the kind of support she was never expecting to give.
My thought after her call to me was: are we all to pass through these painful moments for love's sake? Am I supposed to be waiting long hours at the airport for the plane that is 4 hours already, cause the company is on strike? Am I supposed to be not eating for 2 days and not sleeping for 48 hours to be with someone who might be worth it?
I am thinking: what are the things that we might do for the sake of love?
My expectations were different from I got.
When I opened my heart I would never expect a ghost knocking on my bedroom door and all those midnight rumours that make my hair stand. I would never expect waiting long hours on the bench in a foreign country not knowing of when and if he would ever come back and be free for me.
But in a way, arent we all sacrficing, arent we all putting up with things which previously we never thought about? And if we all do that, do we not call it, all in all, L O V E?

No comments: