Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Love dimensions

Ever since our childhood we are being called the best. Best in everything: painting, jogging, making airplanes and writing poems. The reason for this encouragement lies in the fact that our parents are trying to make us better by what appreciating us for what we already did. We call it love, they call it parenting.
My own experience has always been less reassuring. My parents, even though being the best parents in the world for me, never stated that I was the best sonet writer or the brighest music student or the most beautiful and charming model. It was right on the contrary  and I have felt discoureged and unmotivated no matter how good I was at that.
It was more than that. Everyone knows this least desired feeling of being compared to someone who is "better, smarter and brighter". Well, it doubled in my case where 
I have been competing with two older brothers, who were, are and will be better for my parents.
And its not just because they are older, but because of the stereotype they live up to. In my country a girl is a half of a man. No matter how hard she tries to be like her brother or just a man, she will be underestimated just because she is a not expected to be better than him.
A man in the patriarchal society has to always be faster, smater and simply better. And a woman either naturally stupid or she has to pretend she lacks brains.
And here is the question: What if I am better, faster and smarter and I realise it despite all the bullshit I have to come across?
Should I just hold my mouth clenched (shut) or speak up and say that I am better?
Easy example: whatever my older brother says my parents always listen to with  care and consideration, even though it might be a useless talk about his hunting/fishing which bores me to death.
Whatever I say, no matter how interesting and funny it is, no one listens, or they make me feel like a complete idiot by saying its irrelevant and not worth talking about.
Do they love me? According to my emotions after the time spent with them, NO.
But thats family. Here's another story. Boyfriends. What about them keeping the track of who they are actually dating. I actually had only one boyfriend who was genuinly interested in what I was doing with my life, bothering about me, giving me advice and praising my accomplishments.
He knows that I am particularly thankful to him for that, since this is something that appears to be missing in relationships.
Why when we date someone we dont show much interest in things which might be the vital source of living for this person?
So, my question is: when we love someone, how well do we know the person we "love"? Can you love someone just for who that person is, what he has achieved? Can we truly appreciate people for who they appear to be without trying to modify them?
And if you dont know/not interested who your beloved is, what do you love then? Do you love yourself in love? Or maybe you love the LOVE?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is another trick of our mind:When we love someone,as for every other situation this is what our
mind loves to do:"PROJECTION"..Yes our mind loves more then anything else to project herself and so between us and real love there's our mind...we just don't see,don't feel the real essence of the person we love(or we think we do)...Our mind let us see only what she wants we see!!!
Just last night i had a vision:It seems to me that reality often has thousands difficulty to reach our heart..there are too manay obstacles,too many guardians,too many barriers and mind loves all this...!!

So,people it's like in a dream(or a nightmare),without any consciousness of what they do,what they think and if they really love the other,if they love the real other or the idea they have about love...and they don't realize the most of the time that the only thing they're doing is just
trying to change the other,destroying both!!

Once I've read"LOVE IS WHEN WE CAN CREATE "US"
WITHOUT DESTROYING "ME" " ..great,isn't it?

When you love someone just for what he/she is
..not saying "I LOVE YOU IF..YOU ARE LIKE THIS..IF YOU DO THAT.." but just saying or not saying at all " I LOVE YOU" period.

When you feel like you were a flower who doesn't show his beauty just for someone else,but because this is his nature..when we will be like that flower,showing our blossoms of love not for the others but just because this is our nature,well in that moment we will be ready to feel LOVE..and create
"US"....

The greatest thing we will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return....!!!

Namaste

A